Keyword Rank FAQs
How often is Keyword Rank Updated (Tracking Frequency)?
Based on your package keyword rankings are updated daily, weekly or monthly for each campaign. The exact time of day that a particular
campaign's rank is updated cannot be pinpointed because RangerBot is
gathering data continuously. Our goal is to complete the rank tracking as early as possible every day, however, there are sometimes factors that are beyond our control (e.g., search engine response rate).
If you make changes to the following settings, they will be reflected in the next day's rank tracking
If you add any of the following to a campaign, rank is usually collected within 8 hours, depending upon the number of keywords and existing queue:
How are Rank Tracking Package Keywords Calculated?
Keywords are counted once regardless of the number of search engines tracked in a campaign. For example, if you want to track 50 keywords on 2 search engines in 1 campaign that equals package usage of 50 keywords.
Packages have a total keyword capacity tracked for all campaigns in your account combined and are available in many keyword, search engine
and campaign configurations (refer to Account Hierarchy
). You may select a rank tracking package from our Pricing
page, add a package
inside your Rank Ranger account or request a custom package
How are Keywords Counted in Search API Plans?
Plans are available in Daily, Weekly or Monthly frequencies and Keyword calculation is based on total queries run per month:
1 keyword checked on 1 search engine, 1 time = 1 query or 1 pricing unit
- 1000 Keywords tracked Daily (30 data sets per month) on 1 Search Engine = 30,000 monthly queries
- 1000 Keywords tracked Daily (30 data sets per month) on 2 Search Engines = 60,000 monthly queries
- 1000 Keywords tracked Weekly (4 data sets per month) on 1 Search Engine = 4,000 monthly queries
- 1000 Keywords tracked Weekly (4 data sets per month) on 2 Search Engines = 8,000 monthly queries
- 1000 Keywords tracked Monthly (1 data set per month) on 1 Search Engine = 1,000 monthly queries
- 1000 Keywords tracked Monthly (1 data set per month) on 2 Search Engines = 2,000 monthly queries
Search API Plans are priced based on multiples of 1,000 Keywords and can be purchased through our Pricing
page, adding a package
inside your Rank Ranger account or by contacting us
with your custom Search API capacity requirements.