Landing Page Monitor
We study rank fluctuations and find that it's common for keyword rankings to be erratic for large or complex websites. Positions drop and landing pages swap as Google attempts to identify the most relevant page or pages for a query.
To help sort out what's happening, we've developed a landing page monitor that shows all the landing pages that have ranked in the top 20 search results during the selected reporting period for a specific keyword. This allows you to not only see the top landing page for a keyword, but all landing pages for that keyword during the report period. Coupled with a display of Google Algorithm updates, and any campaign notes or events that you may have recorded, this tool can help you determine when and why the rank fluctuations have occurred. And you can then strategize performance improvement.
The Landing Page Monitor is located in the Reports > Rank > Landing Page Tools section of Rank Ranger.
Monitor Landing Page Rank
Discover All Ranked Landing Pages
The Landing Page Monitor reveals a list of all the ranked landing pages in the top 20 search results for the selected keyword and time period.
Landing Page Monitor Displaying SEO Notations
In this example, the bold tones color palette has been selected to display the three landing pages that were ranked in the top 20 search results for the keyword being analyzed. This report monitors landing page flux and provides a summary of the current rank, traffic, search volume, and number of search results for the keyword based on the last day of the report period.
Hovering over any date point on the graph, the landing page URL and its rank display. If Notes or Events have been set to show, then that additional information overlays the graph providing a visual measuring point for landing page stability or fluctuation that occurs after the action indicated by the note or event.
Below the graph is a table containing:
- The ranking landing page URL
- Current Rank on the last date of the reporting period
- Highest Rank recorded during the reporting period
- Google SERP Features that displayed in the search results for the keyword and landing page on the report date
Google SERP Features
In this example, the site is being tracked on Google Mobile and two of the landing pages were presented in Google SERPs with breadcrumbs, image thumbnail, ratings, and AMP.
In this example, the Landing Page Monitor has been added to a web marketing dashboard and is displaying Google Algorithm Change, and utilizing the custom report title feature, and Bright Tones color palette.
- Select the date range in Report Options or use the calendar tool in the upper right section of the screen
- Select the campaign keyword to analyze landing page flux for
- Select the primary domain or one of the competitor domains that you want to analyze for the selected keyword
- Select a search engine
Note: SERP features are available for Google desktop and mobile search engines and will display in the report if they are relevant to the current day's search results for the selected domain and keyword.
Events & Notes
Events and Notes display in the graph and can be hovered over in dashboards. Learn more...
- Show or hide Notes
- Show or hide Events
- Click the Add Note/Event button to add one or more to the report period
- Select a color palette to be used in the graph
Click the Apply Changes button
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a PDF report by hovering over the gold gear icon and selecting Add to PDF Reports
Select the PDF Report that you want the report or graph added to
Drag the new report or graph into the position you want it to display in the PDF and confirm that the Date settings do not conflict with the automated scheduling settings.
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a marketing dashboard:
1. Hover over the gold gear icon and select Add to Web Dashboard
2. Select the Dashboard
3. Select the Dashboard Page
that you want the report added to
4. Click the "Go to Dashboard
" link to further customize the report (e.g., drag it to a specific position on the page, change date settings, etc.)
Refer to the Report Options
section for details regarding the display settings, filters and sort options available for this report.
The report date (or date range) is governed by the selected Dashboard date option: Date Selection or Fixed Periods, learn more...
- Daily reports default to the last day of the selected period
- Weekly and monthly reports default to 1 month of data
To change the number of weeks or months displayed in a specific report, click the gear icon for any marketing dashboard report element and expand the Date option section, enter the number and click the Save Button.
Customize Report for Client Dashboard
Client Dashboards display our default report options for each individual report and graph until you modify them. To customize the display of the report, expand the Report Options section, change the settings and click the Apply Changes button.
Then expand Report Options again and hover over the Save icon and select Save as Default for Client Dashboard
After saving the Client Dashboard default, any changes that you make to the report options will not affect the display in the Client Dashboard unless you overwrite it by following these instructions again.
Enable the Report or Graph to display in the Client Dashboard
Open the Campaign Settings > Client Dashboard
screen and check the box corresponding to the report(s) you want displayed in the dashboard, and then click the Save
The meaning of 500+, 100+, N/A, N/R, "-" and
The three moving dots
are an indicator that rank tracking is in progress for the keywords and you should check the report later in the day for results. We do the best we can to complete the rank tracking as early as possible every day, however, there are some factors that are beyond our control (e.g., search engine response rate).
Rank Tracker Dashboard displaying tracking in progress for the keywords "smart home technology" and "home security".
is our system default for when our rank tracker did not find the keyword ranking for the primary domain within the maximum supported results tracked by each search engine (refer to our current list of supported search engines
and rank depth for additional information), and the search engine did
return webpages on other domains with results for the keyword.
Rank Tracker Dashboard displaying 500+ as the rank result for several keywords. Options exist in the Account Settings > Theme & Localization screen to set no rank within tracked results as "100+", "500+", "N/A", "NR", or "-"
means that the search engine did not
return any result for the keyword, which most likely means that the keyword is not indexed by the search engine at all (e.g., the keyword "lawn mower Nome, Alaska").
N/A is also an account-wide option that can be selected in the Theme & Localization settings
to represent no rank value (e.g., instead of 100+), other options include "NR", "-", "100+" or "500+". Please check your account settings before requesting assistance for a keyword that you are certain is indexed.
If you're using one of our rank reporting APIs
, they return a dash "-" in the rank field when no value is available.
If your account is relatively new, and depending on several variables (number of keywords, number of search engines, date range, etc.), rank reports can take anywhere from a few minutes to a 8 hours until your first reports will display all of the data. In the case of a campaign that is a day or more old, incorrect campaign configuration can lead to empty reports as well. Clicking the Default Report Settings
button usually resolves the issue.
Common causes for 'no data found' message:
- Account is new and our rank tracker is gathering data
- Invalid date range (e.g., the report start date is older than the campaign creation date)
- Keyword / URL combination on report options was not found
- within the maximum supported results tracked by each search engine (refer to our current list of supported search engines and rank depth for additional information). Note that this is relevant only for rank reports and graphs.
- Incomplete campaign setup (missing URL / Keywords / Search Engines / Authorized Connections)
- Website is new and hasn't been indexed by search engines yet
- Authorized connection to a third party data provider has expired or been configured incorrectly (refer to the third party integration, or specific report documentation)
- Delays or outage of third party data provider (e.g., Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
If keywords are missing completely from a rank report, there are 2 possibilities:
- New keywords may have been added to the campaign, but not selected. Learn more...
- The search engine did not return any result for the keyword on any domain. In some rank reports, Rank Ranger will not display keywords for which the search engine displays no results - meaning no results for any URL on the web. So if Google.com has results, but Google Mobile does not, you will see results for the keyword in the Google.com table, but the keyword will not display at all in the Google Mobile table. That is the way the system is designed because it needs a response from the search engine in order to record a number and when there is no response, then there is no number.
If you need assistance after reviewing and trying the options listed above, please contact our technical support team