The Monthly Snapshot report colorfully displays your - and your competitors' - search engine rank changes on a monthly basis and includes the top ranking landing page for the last selected month. A Change column calculates the difference between the rank for the first month and last month selected to display in the report, providing an overall rank change metric.
Located in Reports & Tools > Organic Search > Rank Tracking > Rank Trends
Rank Snapshot Single Domain
Monthly Snapshot in Single Domain View.
Monthly Rank by the search engine for the selected keywords, keyword tags, and date range.
Monthly Snapshot in Single Domain View with Rank Color Scale.
A bold Rank Color Scale can be enabled in Report Options > Display Settings.
Competitive View Rank Snapshot
Monthly Snapshot in Competitive View
By selecting the Competitive View option at the top of the report, you can view the Monthly Rank for the selected keywords, keyword tags for the selected date range highlighting the primary domain rank vs. competitors' rank for each keyword and search engine tracked.
Enable Rank Change
In the Display > Rank section of Report Options, if you enable:
- Baseline, then the baseline column displays in the report.
- MoM Change, then the rank change (increase/decrease) for a keyword for the last two months of the selected date range will be displayed in the table.
- Overall Change, then the difference between the baseline rank and the latest month displayed in the report is calculated and displayed in this column.
The regular Period Change
column is the difference between the first and last month's rank displayed in the report.
Brand Impact Competitive View
Reputation Management Monthly Rank Snapshot
By selecting the Brand Impact option in the Display > General settings section of Report Options, and Competitive View, you create a report that highlights the URLs that have a positive and negative impacts on the brand per keyword.
Brand Impact URLs can be set up in the Campaign Settings > Websites screen. Please refer to Reputation Management Campaign Setup
for more information.
Visibility Widget Single Domain View
Switch On the Visibility Widget to show the Visibility Share % and the graph with daily Visibility Score for a primary domain.
Switch from Single Domain View to the Competitive View to display Visibility Share % option is enabled, producing a summary above the graph that details the percentage share of the campaign website compared to tracked competitor domains and graph with the daily Visibility score.
Important: Period Change and Overall Change columns calculate based on the dates and snapshot day selected in this section.
- Report Dates: select the start and end dates.
- Snapshot Day: select the Average rank or 1 specific day of the month that you want the report based on.
- # of days: If you select Average for the Snapshot Day, then you may opt to display the number of days that were included in the average rank calculation. For example, a result of 25 (29) means that the keyword held an average rank position of 25 and that it ranked for 29 days during the particular month.
- Rounded Average: by default, the average rank is rounded down to a whole number in such a way that 1.x will always equal 1. If you want the decimal place included, then disable this option.
- Custom Report Title: (optional) enter a Title to display centered at the top of your report. This title will also display on your White Label PDF Reports; both in the bookmarked links and at the top of the report.
Display General Columns:
- Search Engine: displays a search engine icon per row in addition to the search engine name at the top of the table)
- Website (URL) per row.
- Brand Impact: select Positive, Neutral, and/or Negative and report Competitive View to display a reputation management report.
- Keyword Tags: displays a column containing tags per keyword. To display only specific tags, use the Keyword Tag filter.
- Landing Page: displays a column containing the URL of the page that the keyword ranked highest for on the last day of the report period.
- Landing Page Tag: if you have added campaign Landing Page Tags, you can display them in the report by enabling this setting.
- SERP Snapshot: enable to display the SERP Snapshot column with a screen icon that can be clicked to view the actual search engine results per keyword
- Keyword Performance Graph: enable to display a graph icon that when clicked launches a trend graph displaying rank and visibility or landing pages, and provides a quick option to launch the SEO Monitor per keyword
- Rank Color Scale: displays rank cells with a heat map based on positions.
Display Rank Columns:
- Baseline: displays a column with the rank on the 1st day the keyword was added to the campaign, or if the keyword did not rank within the maximum supported results tracked by each search engine, then Baseline displays the first rank recorded by Rank Ranger for the Keyword when it did rank.
Refer to our current list of supported search engines for rank depth and additional information.
- Mom Change: displays a column with a keyword rank change for the last two months of the selected date range.
- Period Change: displays a column that represents the rank change between the first month of the date range and the last month
- Overall Change: displays a column with the difference between the baseline rank and the latest month displayed in the report.
Display Keyword Metrics Columns:
- Avg. Monthly Volume: based on Keyword Planner when the keyword was added to the campaign (learn more.)
- Keyword Difficulty: Keyword Difficulty Score from 0-100. Learn more...
Notes: adding the notes into the graph of the Visibility Widget
- Show/Hide Notes (Single Date)
- Show/Hide Notes (Single Date): these are notes with a date range.
- Or click the +Add Note link to create a new note
Sort and Group:
- Sort Field: select the field you want the report to be sorted by.
- Sort Direction: select the sort direction ascending or descending.
- Group by Domains or Keywords determines the content of each table.
There are two ways to re-order the columns:
- Drag and drop - to move the column to the desired location in one step
- Click the arrow down/up - to move one column space at a time
Note: The hidden columns can not be re-ordered. If the table doesn't display the desired column, go to the Report Options > Display and turn the toggle ON for that column, and then re-order the columns.
- Display: Select from the list of Top 10,20,30 ... Top 100 rank to display the results of the last week of the selected Date Range
OR Filter by
- Minimum Rank: specified minimum and
- Maximum Rank: specified maximum rank range you want to display
- Search Volume: Filter by Search Volume that is greater, equal or less than the specified value.
- Select Keywords you want to be displayed in the report.
Important: When you add keywords to a campaign you need to open Report Options and check the boxes beside the new keywords or click the Reset button to display all keywords in your report. The number of keywords currently included in your report displays directly below the report title where you'll find the words "Displaying # out of ## keywords" for your convenience. That calculation comes from the settings you select here.
- Select Tag(s) to filter the report results by using the All or None link for quick selection, or individually check the boxes beside the keyword tags to be included in the report.
- Select a Tag Filter
Contains at least one (OR) - this option will include any of the selected keyword tags.
Require all selected (AND) - this option requires all of the selected keyword tags in order for the keyword data to display in the report.
Important: Refer to Tag Manager for more information about creating Keyword Tag Groups and Tag Options.
- Choose whether or not to highlight the primary URL (campaign domain) in the report.
- Select the website(s) to be displayed in the report: use the All or None link for quick selection, or check the boxes beside the individual sites.
- Select the search engine(s) you want to be included in the report.
- Use the up and down arrows to reorder the display of search engines in your report, if desired.
- Show/Hide Visibility Widget.