The Monthly Snapshot report colorfully displays your - and your competitors' - search engine rank changes on a monthly basis and includes the top ranking landing page for the last selected month. A Change column calculates the difference between the rank for the first month and last month chosen to display in the report, providing an overall rank change metric.
Rank Snapshot Single Domain
Monthly Snapshot in Single Domain View
Monthly Rank by search engine for the selected keywords, keyword tags and date range.
Monthly Snapshot in Single Domain View with Rank Color Scale
A bold Rank Color Scale can be enabled in Report Options > General Settings
Competitive View Rank Snapshot
Monthly Snapshot in Competitive View
By selecting the Competitive View option at the top of the report, you can view the Monthly Rank for the selected keywords, keyword tags for the selected date range highlighting the primary domain rank vs. competitors' rank for each keyword and search engine tracked.
Enable Rank Change
In the Rank Change section of Report Options, if you enable:
- Baseline, then the baseline column displays in the report
- Overall Change, then the difference between the baseline rank and the latest month displayed in the report is calculated and displayed in this column
The regular Change column is the difference between the first and last month's rank displayed in the report.
Brand Impact Competitive View
Reputation Management Monthly Rank Snapshot
By selecting the Brand Impact option in the report's General Settings section, and Competitive View, you create a report that highlights the URLs that have positive and negative impact on the brand.
Brand Impact URLs can be set up in the Campaign Settings > Websites screen. Please refer to Reputation Management Campaign Setup
for more information.
Note: The rank Change column will calculate the overall rank change based on the dates selected in this section.
- Report Dates: select the start and end dates.
- Snapshot Day - select the day of the month you want the report based on or select Average to view the average rank position for the month and the number of days a keyword ranked. For example a result of 6 (27) means that the keyword held an average rank position of 6 and that it ranked for 27 days during the particular month.
- Show or Hide the number of days the Snapshot Day setting applies to only if you select Average.
- Enter a Custom Report Title (optional) to display centered at the top of your report, if desired. This title will also display on your White Label PDF Reports; both in the bookmarked links and at the top of the report
- Group By: group table data by Domains or Keywords
- Show or Hide the Landing Page URL column
- Show or Hide Brand Impact (for reputation management campaigns)*
- Show or Hide Rank Color Scale
- Sort Field: sort the report by Rank, Change, URL, Landing Page path, Keyword, Tags or search Volume
Note: when Rank is selected, the sort is based on the most recent month.
- Sort Direction: Ascending or Descending
*If Brand Impact is set to Show, we recommend that you do not turn the Rank Color Scale on.
- Select Keywords: use the All or None link for quick selection, or individually check the boxes beside the keywords to be included in the report.
Important: When you add keywords to a campaign you need to open Report Options and
check the boxes beside the new keywords or click the Default Report Settings option in the Gear icon menu to
display all keywords in your report. The number of
keywords currently included in your report displays directly below the
title where you'll find the words "Displaying # out of ## keywords" for your convenience. That calculation comes from the settings you select here.
- Show or Hide the display of Keyword Tags in the report
- Select Tag(s) to filter the report results by: use the All or None link for quick selection, or individually check the boxes beside the keyword tags to be included in the report.
Important: Refer to Tag Manager for information about creating Keyword Tag Groups and Tag Options.
Domains / URLs:
- Choose whether or not to highlight the primary URL (campaign domain) in the report.
- Select the websites you want included in the report (use the All or None link for quick selection).
- Select the search engines you want included in the report.
- Drag or use the up and down arrows to reorder the display of search engines in your report, if desired.
- Baseline is the first rank obtained when the campaign was created. Enable this to display the baseline column in the report.
- Overall Change is the difference between the baseline rank and the latest month displayed in the report. Enable this to display this column in the report.
- Show or Hide Google AdWords Average Monthly Volume
Save As Default Settings (if desired)
- Click the Apply Changes button.
Refer to Report Default Settings for more information about default setting features and uses.
- Account Default
- Profile Default
- Campaign Default
- WL Portal Default
Please refer to Navigating Rank Ranger
for additional information regarding report views, data export, adding this report to an existing White Label PDF report and more.
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a PDF report by hovering over the gold gear icon and selecting Add to PDF Reports
Select the PDF Report that you want the report or graph added to
Drag the new report or graph into the position you want it to display in the PDF and confirm that the Date settings do not conflict with the automated scheduling settings.
PDF Report Settings - Monthly Snapshot
Add to Marketing Dashboard
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a marketing dashboard:
1. Hover over the gold gear icon and select Add to Marketing Dashboard
2. Select the Dashboard
3. Select the Dashboard Page
that you want the report added to
4. Click the "Go to Dashboard
" link to further customize the report (e.g., drag it to a specific position on the page, change date settings, etc.)
Refer to the Report Options
section for details regarding the display settings, filters and sort options available for this report.
The report date (or date range) is governed by the selected Dashboard date option: Date Selection or Fixed Periods, learn more...
- Daily reports default to the last day of the selected period
- Weekly and monthly reports default to 1 month of data
To change the number of weeks or months displayed in a specific report, click the gear icon for any marketing dashboard report element and expand the Date option section, enter the number and click the Save Button.
Customize Report for Client Dashboard
Client Dashboards display our default report options for each individual report and graph until you modify them. To customize the display of the report, expand the Report Options section, change the settings and click the Apply Changes button.
Then expand Report Options again and hover over the Save icon and select Save as Default for Client Dashboard
After saving the Client Dashboard default, any changes that you make to the report options will not affect the display in the Client Dashboard unless you overwrite it by following these instructions again.
Enable the Report or Graph to display in the Client Dashboard
Open the Campaign Settings > Client Dashboard
screen and check the box corresponding to the report(s) you want displayed in the dashboard, and then click the Save
The meaning of 100+, N/A, N/R, "-" and
The three moving dots
are an indicator that rank tracking is in progress for the keywords and you should check the report later in the day for results. We do the best we can to complete the rank tracking as early as possible every day, however, there are some factors that are beyond our control (e.g., search engine response rate).
Rank Tracker Dashboard displaying tracking in progress for the keywords "smart home technology" and "home security".
is our system default for when our rank tracker did not find the keyword ranking for the primary domain within the maximum supported results tracked by each search engine (refer to our current list of supported search engines
and rank depth for additional information), and the search engine did
return webpages on other domains with results for the keyword.
Rank Tracker Dashboard displaying 100+ as the rank result for several keywords. Options exist in the Account Settings > Theme & Localization screen to set no rank within tracked results as "100+", "N/A", "NR", or "-"
means that the search engine did not
return any result for the keyword, which most likely means that the keyword is not indexed by the search engine at all (e.g., the keyword "lawn mower Nome, Alaska").
N/A is also an account-wide option that can be selected in the Theme & Localization settings
to represent no rank value (e.g., instead of 100+), other options include "NR", "-", or "100+". Please check your account settings before requesting assistance for a keyword that you are certain is indexed.
If you're using one of our rank reporting APIs
, they return a dash "-" in the rank field when no value is available.
If your account is relatively new, and depending on several variables (number of keywords, number of search engines, date range, etc.), rank reports can take anywhere from a few minutes to a 8 hours until your first reports will display all of the data. In the case of a campaign that is a day or more old, incorrect campaign configuration can lead to empty reports as well. Clicking the Default Report Settings
button usually resolves the issue.
Common causes for 'no data found' message:
- Account is new and our rank tracker is gathering data
- Invalid date range (e.g., the report start date is older than the campaign creation date)
- Keyword / URL combination on report options was not found
- within the maximum supported results tracked by each search engine (refer to our current list of supported search engines and rank depth for additional information). Note that this is relevant only for rank reports and graphs.
- Incomplete campaign setup (missing URL / Keywords / Search Engines / Authorized Connections)
- Website is new and hasn't been indexed by search engines yet
- Authorized connection to a third party data provider has expired or been configured incorrectly (refer to the third party integration, or specific report documentation)
- Delays or outage of third party data provider (e.g., Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
If keywords are missing completely from a rank report, there are 2 possibilities:
- New keywords may have been added to the campaign, but not selected. Learn more...
- The search engine did not return any result for the keyword on any domain. In some rank reports, Rank Ranger will not display keywords for which the search engine displays no results - meaning no results for any URL on the web. So if Google.com has results, but Google Mobile does not, you will see results for the keyword in the Google.com table, but the keyword will not display at all in the Google Mobile table. That is the way the system is designed because it needs a response from the search engine in order to record a number and when there is no response, then there is no number.
If you need assistance after reviewing and trying the options listed above, please contact our technical support team
There is a maximum limit of 1000 keywords per campaign
in order to ensure efficient report generation and convenient viewing. Adding more than 1000 keywords to a campaign will cause some functionality to be disabled.
If you need to track more than 1000 keywords for a site, then best practice is to create additional campaigns (e.g., separate them by keyword category, location, tags, etc.). If you have an Enterprise package, you can view rank performance data for multiple campaigns in the Portfolio Report
and by using cross-campaign metrics in the Insight Graph
and Single Metric Widgets