Learn how to integrate Rank Ranger rank data into Google Data Studio .
Google Data Studio is a free dashboard reporting tool and with Rank Ranger's data connector you can choose from a variety of rank metrics you’d like to display in reports and easily share with other internal stakeholders or agency clients.
Rank Ranger customer support is able to assist you only with our data and APIs, if you need assistance with creation of Data Studio reports beyond our template and the instructions in this documentation, please contact the Google Data Studio Support
The Rank Tracking connector provides access to the following metrics per campaign:
- Positions 1-3
- Positions 4-10
- Positions 1-10
- Positions 11-20
- Positions 21-30
- Positions 31-50
- Positions 51-100
- Landing Page URL
- Search Engine URL
- Search Engine Name
- Search Volume
Gather the following information from your Rank Ranger account:
You may receive a warning message about the connector not being verified yet. Because customers are in a rush to use this and Google's verification process takes time, we decided to release the connector while waiting for them to approve publication in their gallery.
- If you want to proceed and use the connector while we're awaiting Google's verification process, then click the "Advanced" link and then click the "Go to Rank Ranger Rank Tracking Connector (unsafe)" link.
- If you don't want to proceed past the warning screen, you may try the Supermetrics Rank Ranger Connector for Data Studio.
To proceed with Rank Ranger's Data Studio Connector, click the Advanced
Click the Go to Rank Ranger Rank Tracking Connector (unsafe)
Enter an email address
that is related to a Google account and click the Next
Enter the password
associated with the email address and click the Next
Review and accept terms
Click the Allow
Enter your Rank Ranger API key
and click the Submit
Refer to this documentation if you need help locating your API key
- Enter Campaign ID, Search Engine ID and domain name
- By default the "use report template for new reports" option is checked, if you don't want to use our template, then you should uncheck that option
- Click the Connect button
Data Available for Report
This screen displays the data fields that are available to be used in a Data Studio report.
- If you want to change the name of any of the fields, click into the field and type the name you want to use.
- Click the Create Report button
Google notifies you that you're about to create a new report using the selected data source, click the Create Report
button to proceed.
- You may choose to brand and edit, or remove this page
- You can toggle between Edit and View modes with a button in the upper right of the report
Navigate, Rename or Remove Pages
- Click the arrows to navigate through pages or click the Page field and select a page from the menu
- Click into the page field and hover over the 3 dots to select Rename or Remove pages
Make a Copy
If you want additional copies of the report saved to your Data Studio account, select File > Make a copy...
If you need assistance with Data Studio's tools, please click their ?
help icon in the upper right of the screen and search for instructions.
Our template includes a block of Position Distribution widgets, which are referred to as Scorecards in Data Studio.
Score Card Settings
This is an example of the settings for the above Positions 1-3 Scorecard.
Rank Positions Bar Chart
Our template includes this rank position bar chart.
Bar Chart Settings
This is an example of the settings for the above bar chart.
Keyword Rankings Table
Our template includes this Keyword Rankings table that provides keyword, landing page, rank and search volume.
Keyword Rankings Table Settings
This is an example of the settings for the above table.