Add Campaign API
The add_campaign method allows you to add a new campaign to your account.
||The unique API key assigned to your account
||The campaign name
||The primary URL/domain for your campaign
||The ranking system you would like to setup for this campaign
Refer to Ranking System Count documentation for examples and additional information.
- count_as_is – for SERP (count as is) ranking system
- explicit_domain_count – for SERP (explicit domain count) ranking system; ignores duplicate domains in SERPs
- exact – for Exact URL ranking system; track rank for specific page or section within a website
|Profile ID (refer to Get All Profiles to obtain a list of Profile IDs.)
Optional: your internal profile_ref_id can be used instead of profile_id if this parameter has been added to your account (refer to Add Profile).
||Optional parameter for your internal reference, e.g., primary domain identifier. Character limit is 50 English letters, numbers and/or the characters ". _ -"
||If you have more than one package in your account, you need to include the package ID in order for the campaign to be added to the correct package.
||Output format options:
- &output=xml (this is the default format)
Either of these parameters can be added to the json output parameter:
(forces the results to come back as array instead of objects)
(causes the entire json to be wrapped as array)
|Construct & test API requests in the API Console or follow one of these examples:
Example including profile ID
Example including your reference ID
Example including your profile and your reference ID
|<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<tracking-data provider="rankranger" date="02/01/2016" time="19:15:12" status="ok" >
You can obtain API Keys per user if your Rank Ranger account has API access by navigating to
2. Connections > API & Connected Apps
3. Click the Generate Key
4. Select a User and add a note (optional)
5. Click the Add
If you see an error message when accessing the Account > Connections > API & Connected Apps screen, then to obtain API access you will need to upgrade to a package that includes API access by completing a custom package request
form or contacting Rank Ranger support
with your requirements.
Referencing the parameters information that is listed in the specific API method documentation, you can construct and test API requests in Rank Ranger's API Console
by navigating to:
3. API Console
4. Select the Method and complete the applicable fields
5. Click the Generate button
6.Test your API method by clicking the launch URL icon and view your results. Once your results are as you want them, copy that URL into your own application and modify as needed for each request.
Rank Ranger APIs can pull up to 100 queries per minute. If more than 10,000 API GET requests per hour is required, then there is an option available at an additional throughput fee, contact customer service for assistance.
Rank Reporting Method Limits
Search API Method Limits
- Rank Data & Research Reporting API methods can only provide data from campaigns tracking in your Rank Ranger account.
- You can run an unlimited number of queries through the API.
- SEO Intelligence API method query limits are based on the number of units purchased for your custom plan (e.g., 1 unit = 1 keyword tracked on 1 search engine, 1 time).
- Search API plans do not include access to the reporting platform.