Marketing Dashboard Public Access API
method allows you to manage access to a Marketing Dashboard for any campaign by creating a custom URL or enabling public access, resetting public access and then disabling public access.
One example currently in use by some customers is to enable Public URL
in the campaign settings (access is only available to users who have the link).
- Your customer logs into a secure area on your company website where they can view a variety of data or make changes to their account, and in that UI is a button to access reports.
- When the UI button is clicked, the Public URL link opens and your customer is transported to the white label Marketing Dashboard.
- Shortly after it's been clicked your system is programmed to automatically send a Reset Public URL API request. The response your system receives back from our system provides you with the new Public URL that will be assigned to the button and used the next time your customer clicks the reports button.
Another way to accomplish this is that when the UI button is clicked:
- The Enable Public URL API is run and your system retrieves the response Public URL from our system and transports the user directly into the white label Marketing Dashboard without the requirement to enter login credentials.
- Some time after the link is enabled, your system is programmed to send a Disable Public URL API request to our system, this allows the user to complete their session but not log back in until they enter via your system.
Use of the optional Profile ID or Profile Reference ID
parameter allows you to show additional campaigns in one marketing dashboard.
Refer to the Rank Ranger API Overview
page for information on how to obtain API access, obtain an API Key, a full list of API methods and error codes.
||The unique API key assigned to your account
|The campaign ID (can be obtained using the package_campaigns method)
Optional: your internal reference_id can be used instead of campaign_id if this parameter exists in the campaign (refer to Add Campaign or Update Campaign methods).
|Share Access Options
- direct_public_access=enabled – for enabling public access to a campaign in Marketing Dashboard
- reset_public_url=true – for voiding a used URL and resetting a new public URL, this request returns the new public access URL
- direct_public_access=disabled – for disabling public access (e.g., when a session ends)
- custom_url= – to create a custom URL for a campaign
- profile_id or use your internal profile_ref_id to view multiple campaigns in one white label dashboard. This parameter must already exist in your account (refer to Add Profile) and be referenced in each of the campaigns General Settings > Advanced settings that you want to display in 1 single sign-on dashboard. Refer to Get All Profiles to obtain a list of Profile IDs. HTML and CSS code must be added to the Marketing Dashboard in order for this feature to display, refer to the Single Sign-on instructions in the Marketing Dashboard documentation.
||Output format options:
- &output=xml (this is the default format)
Either of these parameters can be added to the json output parameter:
(forces the results to come back as array instead of objects)
(causes the entire json to be wrapped as array)
Construct & test API requests in the API Console or follow one of the examples below.
Public Access Enable/Disable Example
|Public Access Enabled
Public Access Disabled
Public Access Enable/Disable Response
Reset Public Access Example
Reset Public Access Response
|This request returns the new public access URL
Your Reference ID & Profile Reference ID Example
Your Reference IDs Response
If you'd like to help determining which of our API plans is most appropriate for your needs, contact our service team
and an account manager will be happy to assist you.
If you already have a Rank Ranger plan and see an error message when accessing the Account > Connections > API & Connected Apps screen, then to obtain API access you will need to upgrade to a package that includes API access by completing a custom package request
form or contacting Rank Ranger support
with your requirements.
If your company has API services included in a plan and you aren't able to access the screen, contact your company's Rank Ranger acccount administrator to request that your user permissions
be set to include access to the Account > API and Connected Apps screen.
You can obtain API Keys per user if your Rank Ranger account has API access by navigating to
2. Connections > API & Connected Apps
3. Click the Generate Key
4. Select a User and add a note (optional)
5. Click the Add
To make construction of API requests easy, we offer this API testing tool. Most parameters are included in the options of the console, however, you may need to add custom option parameters to your API requests based on the specific API you're using. Referencing the parameters information that is listed in the specific API method documentation, you can construct and test API requests in Rank Ranger's API Console
by navigating to:
3. API Console
4. Select the Method and complete the applicable fields
5. Click the Generate button
6. Test your API method by clicking the launch URL icon and view your results. Once your results are as you want them, copy that URL into your own application and modify as needed for each request.
Getting Started: Samples of APIs used for Creating Campaigns
We recommend reviewing our Best Practices Guide
prior to structuring campaigns.
Get Packages Info
: Required when there is more than 1 package in an account
Add a Profile
: An option for adding an identifier to your campaigns for categorization (e.g., by language, country, etc)
Get Profile ID list
: Optional Data needed for Add a Campaign
Obtain the Search Engine List
: Data needed for Add a Campaign
Add a Campaign
: Create a new campaign, response will include the Campaign ID number that is needed for adding a search engine and keywords
*Note that Profile ID is an optional field that you may use, if you choose not to use it, then please remove "&profile_id=ProfileIDnumber” from the end of this call
Add a Search Engine
: Add search engine to a campaign
Add a Keyword
: An optional field is available for keyword_identifier field, allowing you to add your own unique identifier to each keyword
Bulk Add Keywords
: You may download and use the spreadsheet found on the Campaign Settings > Keywords screen to organize and import your keywords, or use this API
You'll find additional API methods in the Account Management and Data documentation
Rank Ranger APIs can pull up to 100 queries per minute. If more than 10,000 API GET requests per hour is required, then there is an option available at an additional throughput fee, contact customer service for assistance.
Rank Reporting Method Limits
Research API Methods
- Rank Data & Research Reporting API methods can only provide data from campaigns tracking in your Rank Ranger account.
- You can run an unlimited number of queries through the API.
Search API Method Limits
- The variety of Research Method APIs have limits on the number of queries per day based on the capacity of your package. If you require additional units, please contact customer service and an account manager will provide you with package upgrade pricing.
- SEO Intelligence API method query limits are based on the number of units purchased for your custom plan (e.g., 1 unit = 1 keyword tracked on 1 search engine, 1 time).
- Search API plans do not include access to the reporting platform.