Rank Ranger's API allows you to integrate data from your account into your own applications. Tracking data is available in XML and JSON format. Detailed
instructions with parameter options and examples are provided for each API method.
Choosing an API Type
- Access to Reporting Rank Data and Research API methods is available as an add-on to a Rank Ranger reporting platform package, and provides results only for the keywords and URLs that are being tracked in a reporting platform campaign.
- SEO Intelligence Search API methods include top competitor or specialty search engine data that is only available via API, they do not include access to reports, graphs or analysis tools within the reporting platform.
API package capacity can be upgraded at any time. Multiple types of packages (e.g., reporting platform and a variety of search APIs) can exist in the same account, so it is important to be careful when creating a new campaign to select the correct API or reporting platform package because it is not possible to:
- transfer keywords or campaigns between Reporting Platform and API packages or between different types of API packages.
- change an existing API package to a different type (e.g., Rank Top50 to Search Query API).
- change the tracking frequency (e.g. from Monthly to Daily) of an existing API package.
With API access and an HTTP GET request sent to the API endpoint at https://www.rankranger.com/api/v2/ you are able to retrieve data stored on our servers or execute a search query (depending upon the type of API package).
Output Format Options
The default output format is XML, adding "&output=json
" to the end of the string provides results in JSON format.
- &output=xml (this is the default format)
Either of these parameters can be added to the json output parameter:
(forces the results to come back as array instead of objects)
(causes the entire json to be wrapped as array)
The GET request needs to contain parameters that identify the type of data you want, so if, for example, you want to pull the rank stats for a domain (that is tracking in a reporting platform package) on a specific date, you can use the rank_stats API method
Sample XML GET Request & Results
Sample JSON GET Request & Results