Landing Page Social Metrics API
The Landing Page Metrics
API method returns the following social signals information for a specific campaign landing page:
- The last date that the data was updated (updates are provided weekly)
- Facebook total count: the total number of likes, shares and comments for the page
- Facebook like count: the number of likes the page has received
- Facebook share count: the number of times the page has been like or shared
- Facebook comment count: the number of comments the page has received
- LinkedIn: the number of times the page has been shared on LinkedIn
- Pinterest: the number of times the page images have been pinned
- Stumpleupon: the number of times the page has been shared
Refer to Rank Ranger API Overview
page for information on how to obtain API access, obtain an API Key, error codes and a full list of API methods.
||The unique API key assigned to your account
||Enter the full URL including http:// or https://
||Output format options:
- &output=xml (this is the default format)
Either of these parameters can be added to the json output parameter:
(forces the results to come back as array instead of objects)
(causes the entire json to be wrapped as array)
If you'd like to help determining which of our API plans is most appropriate for your needs, contact our service team
and an account manager will be happy to assist you.
If you already have a Rank Ranger plan and see an error message when accessing the Account > Connections > API & Connected Apps screen, then to obtain API access you will need to upgrade to a package that includes API access by completing a custom package request
form or contacting Rank Ranger support
with your requirements.
If your company has API services included in a plan and you aren't able to access the screen, contact your company's Rank Ranger acccount administrator to request that your user permissions
be set to include access to the Account > API and Connected Apps screen.
You can obtain API Keys per user if your Rank Ranger account has API access by navigating to
2. Connections > API & Connected Apps
3. Click the Generate Key
4. Select a User and add a note (optional)
5. Click the Add
To make construction of API requests easy, we offer this API testing tool. Most parameters are included in the options of the console, however, you may need to add custom option parameters to your API requests based on the specific API you're using. Referencing the parameters information that is listed in the specific API method documentation, you can construct and test API requests in Rank Ranger's API Console
by navigating to:
3. API Console
4. Select the Method and complete the applicable fields
5. Click the Generate button
6. Test your API method by clicking the launch URL icon and view your results. Once your results are as you want them, copy that URL into your own application and modify as needed for each request.
Getting Started: Samples of APIs used for Creating Campaigns
We recommend reviewing our Best Practices Guide
prior to structuring campaigns.
Get Packages Info
: Required when there is more than 1 package in an account
Add a Profile
: An option for adding an identifier to your campaigns for categorization (e.g., by language, country, etc)
Get Profile ID list
: Optional Data needed for Add a Campaign
Obtain the Search Engine List
: Data needed for Add a Campaign
Add a Campaign
: Create a new campaign, response will include the Campaign ID number that is needed for adding a search engine and keywords
*Note that Profile ID is an optional field that you may use, if you choose not to use it, then please remove "&profile_id=ProfileIDnumber” from the end of this call
Add a Search Engine
: Add search engine to a campaign
Add a Keyword
: An optional field is available for keyword_identifier field, allowing you to add your own unique identifier to each keyword
Bulk Add Keywords
: You may download and use the spreadsheet found on the Campaign Settings > Keywords screen to organize and import your keywords, or use this API
You'll find additional API methods in the Account Management and Data documentation
Rank Ranger APIs can pull up to 100 queries per minute. If more than 10,000 API GET requests per hour is required, then there is an option available at an additional throughput fee, contact customer service for assistance.
Rank Reporting Method Limits
Research API Methods
- Rank Data & Research Reporting API methods can only provide data from campaigns tracking in your Rank Ranger account.
- You can run an unlimited number of queries through the API.
Search API Method Limits
- The variety of Research Method APIs have limits on the number of queries per day based on the capacity of your package. If you require additional units, please contact customer service and an account manager will provide you with package upgrade pricing.
- SEO Intelligence API method query limits are based on the number of units purchased for your custom plan (e.g., 1 unit = 1 keyword tracked on 1 search engine, 1 time).
- Search API plans do not include access to the reporting platform.