The information provided in the Audience Interests report can be used to develop advertising tactics, and shape messaging across the online marketing spectrum to more finely target the audience for the product or service you're selling.
Google's demographics and interests data provides information about site visitors, you can learn more about the type of available data and how that data is collected in Google's support document
on this topic. Please note that Google sometimes provides only sampling of this data, learn more...
To view this report Google Analytics must be configured correctly (please refer to our Google Analytics documentation
) and using Google's Universal Analytics
for the primary domain.
The Affinity Category groups users based on hobbies and lifestyle. This information can be used to reach potential customers and make them aware of a service or product that they may likely be interested in.
The In-Market Segment represents users who are closest to making a purchase decision, actively searching for a product or service and are possibly comparing the one you're selling to that of your competitors. The grouping based on their areas of interest can help you determine how best to target advertising toward them, among other marketing techniques appropriate for your market.
The Other Category represents users who don't fit into Google's Affinity and In-Market category, but may provide valuable insights into creative ways to reach out to users in ways your competitors may not be considering.
The Affinity Category table provides a detailed breakdown of number of sessions, percentage of new sessions, new users, bounce rate, pages per session and average session duration for each of the Affinity categories.
The In-Market Segment table provides a detailed breakdown of number of sessions, percentage of new sessions, new users, bounce rate, pages per session and average session duration for each of the In-Market categories.
|| General Settings:
- Enter a custom report title (optional)
- Limit the number of results displaying in the tables
- Show or Hide each report section:
Affinity Category Chart
In-Market Segment Chart
Other Category Chart
Affinity Category Table
In-Market Segment Table
|| Analytics Settings:
- Select a Key Metric: default is Sessions, other options include Page Views, Bounces, New Users or Goal Completions
- Select a Segment: default is All, other options include all segments built into Google Analytics, plus any custom segments you may have created
- Select a Search Type: default is All, other options include Organic, Paid, Organic & Paid, Exclude Organic or Exclude Paid
- Select an Event Category: default is All, other options are based on event categories that you have created. For more information review Google's Set up Event Tracking support document.
Conveniently add a report or graph with its current settings to a marketing dashboard:
1. Hover over the gold gear icon and select Add to Marketing Dashboard
2. Select the Dashboard
3. Select the Dashboard Page
that you want the report added to
4. Click the "Go to Dashboard
" link to further customize the report (e.g., drag it to a specific position on the page, change date settings, etc.)
Refer to the Report Options
section for details regarding the display settings, filters and sort options available for this report.
The report date (or date range) is governed by the selected Dashboard date option: Date Selection or Fixed Periods, learn more...
- Daily reports default to the last day of the selected period
- Weekly and monthly reports default to 1 month of data
To change the number of weeks or months displayed in a specific report, click the gear icon for any marketing dashboard report element and expand the Date option section, enter the number and click the Save Button.
Customize Report for Client Dashboard
Client Dashboards display our default report options for each individual report and graph until you modify them. To customize the display of the report, expand the Report Options section, change the settings and click the Apply Changes button.
Then expand Report Options again and hover over the Save icon and select Save as Default for Client Dashboard
After saving the Client Dashboard default, any changes that you make to the report options will not affect the display in the Client Dashboard unless you overwrite it by following these instructions again.
Enable the Report or Graph to display in the Client Dashboard
Open the Campaign Settings > Client Dashboard
screen and check the box corresponding to the report(s) you want displayed in the dashboard, and then click the Save